Our system has three systems of authentication (logging on in the GIS lab) presently for using the GIS lab.
- We use the same name and password as CTS does for checking you email.
- Currently ther is only one place you have to change your password (as it changes alters it for your email and the GIS lab).
- To change your password you must first open either a local terminal or a samson terminal.
Then you type: telnet ugrad.unbc.ca (or telnet gpu.unbc.ca)
- You will be asked for your usename and passwd
enter them and you will then be logged onto ugrad.
- Now type the command: passwd
- You will be prompted for your Old Password:
then you must supply a new password (twice).
- Once you have entered your new password you will be back at the prompt. Now type exit.
- The next time you log onto the GIS lab system you will use your new password.