Create a new project
Lets start with new project in QGIS and shut down all other programs running. Throughout this lab, your workstation can take quite a pounding, so we should start fresh after awhile.
Open up the project called: cranhill.qgs in the /home/labs/geog204/threed_tutorial folder
Add in another plugin
From the plugin menu add the qgis2threejs plugin. Now we are ready to make a web usable 3d scene. Follow these steps for the first rendition:
- zoom to the extent of the terrain.tif layer (basically the extent of the project)
- turn off all layers except the terrain layer
- open the plugin by –> web –> qgis2threejs –> qgis2threejs
- ensure the terrain layer is the DEM
- keep the rest of the defaults
- hit run
- a browser should open with your data
Try this several time altering the results (i.e. use the surface layers, turn on the ortho photos – resize the output resolution.
Using the other layers
Turn on the other layers and try to make another 3d map. What about trying the surface.tif file as the DEM for the 3d scene.