How the course works
- The structure is layed out in the syllabus page.
- The course has many of the requirements that most courses have (eg. midterm, lab assignments, lab quiz and a final), but more importantly it has potential for using your personal creative learning process through the class project.
Social Science – what does it mean to you?
- Does SS integrate into your field of study?
- What do you see yourself being interested or concerned about in the future?
- Do you have an idea of the influences of spatial technologies?
GIS – what do you believe it to be?
- Do you have an understanding of how it works?
- Will it be useful in your field?
- How do you see it integrating into the Social Sciences?
Goals of the course
Being able to to learn how to think spatially and use software to produce results that are pertinent to your interests. This requires the understanding of how GIS works (so to speak), and involves understanding the technologies involved in GIS and related fields. The course is designed to integrated technologies