We have two assignments left to finish – the one for this lab and a written assignment below is a plan to finish these two pieces of work.
There will also be a short lab exercise to be performed in the class on November 29th constituting the Final Exam
Layout and community input assignment – Assignment 3 – 20%
This assignment can mostly be completed in this week’s lab. The lab from last week is posted and needs to be completed as the content for the assignment. Follow along and complete the lab fulfilling the following requirements:
- Complete the sections and save your work as project files named after each section (or combined sections)
- Write up a document listing the steps you took for each section to complete the necessary steps (broken down per section or combined sections)
- The write up for each section should include a brief description of what you were attempting to complete as well as whether the steps worked out or not
- The steps taken should follow the description – in point form
- Each written section will include the name of each project
- Include screen shots if you feel the help explain your results
- Name the file you create from the write up as username_assignment3 (i.e. emmons_assignment.ods)
Grading of the assignment will be based both on the written document and the project files created from the lab.
Current considerations for GeoSpatial Experts – Written Paper – 10%
This is a simple paper using the lab work and assignment 3 as part of the content for the paper. The paper will be broken down into the following tow parts
This portion of the paper is a brief description as to what your thoughts are on the use of Spatial Technologies (such as GIS) in the Planning Field. This would include some references describing topics such as GIS for Planners.
Review of assignment3.
This part of the written paper should express what you think each section or combination of sections could be useful in the field of planning. This should be a combination of your perspectives and those you found in the first part of the written assignment.
Final Exam – 10%
This will be an in class assignment – much like a lab – to be completed during a portion of the lab time on November 29th. The assignment will be an extension of the materials in the course as well as a small amount of new material. There will be support from Scott and Aita for this lab work
The majority of the work necessary for completion of this assignment should be completed in lab period on November 22. The written portion will be due the following wee (November 29).
This assignment will be due November 29th
Lab Quiz / Exam
Completed during lab time on November 29th
Due December 7th
All work for the course
Regardless of extensions for assignments – all work must be in by December 14th in order for Scott and Aita to mark the work and have the grades in by semester end